Friday, July 21, 2006

July 21st--DST workshop

We continued to use different tools to develop stories. There is only one scanner at the ICT center, so everyone had to take their turn to use it. I found ImageReady software to use the scanner. Most of them never used a scanner before, so it took some time to learn to use it. These professors are so eager to learn, everything that I show, they want to learn. There is no formal class meeting today. Everyone is doing their own thing. Some people went out to take pictures using my camera, some went to the computer lab to use Photostory, and some scanned their pictures. We suppose to meet between 9 am to noon. But it is 6 p.m now, and there are four professors are still working on their project. Faustin, Emmanual, and Charles are still in the room working on their project.

I met with the Vice Rector Silias this afternoon. The director of the CIT arranged the meeting. We talked about our future plan and he wants me to comeback and help them with curriculum development and evaluation.

I need to write a grant, so I can bring people from US and also I would love to have a faculty development conference. When professors meet together and exchange information, it will be great. I love my work here in NUR. This is the exactly what I like to do during my summer vacation. I need to write about my experience here in Rwanda and publish it.

No comments: